Cd Rom Undetectable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yamraj17

I own a Toshiba MZHU010AOM01 laptop. The MATSHITA UJDA750 DVD/CDRw drive has suddenly stopped detecting any disc that I insert.

I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling the driver but that did not help. I am running Windows XP with SP2 on my comp.

What do I do?

There are 2 posibilities here:
1. The drive is dead in which case you'll need to replace it
2. If upon inserting a disk into the drive, the drive is spinning for couple of secs then it's possible that the problem come from the optical " reader" ( the led that read the cd ) and might wanna use some sort of cd rom cleaner ( Best Buy, CircuitCity have those for about $ 10 ) or possible that is some sort of missaligment. Try "stuffing" the cd and see
HTH

yamraj17

hey!

many thanks active 95 for replying. i actually gave the drive a soft 'whack' yesterday and it started to work. apparently, the reader, which goes up and down, while reading the cd inside out was stuck on top.

is there anything i can do to make sure it does not happen again?

thanks again..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online