1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd rom wont read?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RaUcOuS, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RaUcOuS

RaUcOuS Thread Starter

hello. i just tried to download a game on my computer with a disc. when i put it in the cd rom the green light on the front of the cd rom lights up like it is reading the disc but nothing happens? i hear it start up for a second but then nothing? i tried to put another disc in to a previous game we already had downloaded to the desk top. the game requires we use the disc to play it, when i tried to put the disc in and press start on the game window an error message popped up saying "please insert disc". we havent used the cd rom in a while and im not sure what the problem is. any help would be great. thank you :)

2. idowindows

idowindows

Try a CD lens cleaner. Its a cd with a thin row of soft bristles on one side of the disk from the center out. Can be found at your local Walmart or even your nearest drug store may carry them for about 8 bucks.

If that doesn't work - replace the drive.

3. RaUcOuS

RaUcOuS Thread Starter

i was hoping i wouldnt have to replace it :( but if i do have to do that is it fairly easy? i know the basics of computers and my comp was built so it looks to be easily accessible when removing things etc. we replaced the hard drive and that was a pain. thanks for the help.

4. idowindows

idowindows

It's not that hard - if you did a hard drive, you can do a CD Rom drive....

Take a look here for the procedure.

http://www.fonerbooks.com/r_cd.htm

While there, look at "Replacing PC Parts" on the left side of the page...may come in handy in the future.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice