1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd-rom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sligg, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sligg

sligg Thread Starter

cd-rom draw won't open.

WXP Pro

2. mobo

mobo

On the face of the drawer do you see a small pin hole ? If so that is the emergency eject .

3. raybro

raybro

Do you happen to have Roxio Easy CD Creator installed. That programs will sometimes keep normal opening of the drwaer from happening. Nver did figure out why. It just happens once in a while. If you do have CD Creator, open it and hit the ejct button on the control panel. That opens it on my PC. Then the problem goes away until the next time. :rolleyes:

EDIT.. Just realized you said CD-ROM. This only happens with my CD-RW drive, so this may not apply.

4. zeddy

zeddy

Unbend a paper clip and pop it into the emergency eject hole (it goes in a fair bit before you feel the mechanism start to move).

5. sligg

sligg Thread Starter

The pin trick-doesn't the computer have to shut down?

I solved the problem.

Apparently the CDRom disappeared from my system. It was gone from My Computer and Device Manager.

XP PRO: I went to Add Hardware and it scanned for missing hardware and the draw popped open as it scanned. The CDRom was back in my system.

Thanks for the input.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice