1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd-rom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigsef35, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigsef35

bigsef35 Thread Starter

PC stopped picking up the CR-ROM, How do I fix it?

2. kamakazze15

kamakazze15

do you mean when you enter a disk into the drive it doesnt start up?

3. bigsef35

bigsef35 Thread Starter

Pc dont even show there is a cd-rom in the puter, this problem started by it not reading cd's, now the computer says their is no cd-rom at all.........HP pavillion xt953 1.0 128 ram..Cd-rom is a HP cd-writer PLUS 4x Burner......:(

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If it started being flaky, now it doesn't work at all, there's probably a physical flaw. Start by opening the case and making sure all the cable connections are firmly seated.

5. bigsef35

bigsef35 Thread Starter

Thanks john, but been there done that....I even traded power plugs......I hooked it up today and It recognized it, but it still aint reading cd's....when ya put one in, it says to insert cd in drive e...????????? the OS is win ME...Please dont tell me its junk, and to trash it.....lol All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

6. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

You say it is now being recognized but that it won't read cd's. Hav you also tried to see if it will play an audio cd ??

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, it's sounding a lot like a bad drive. If this is a CD-ROM, they're really dirt cheap nowadays, I have a whole box of them in my closet that were removed for CD-RW drives, must have 7-8 of the damned things! :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice