1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW continues to be active when not in use

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shmeva1, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmeva1

shmeva1 Thread Starter

Hi, my OS is windows98SE and I also have a CD-RW. It seems that the CD-RW is telling my computer that it is running. because the CD-RW activity light continues to flash. Which in turn make my computers red activity light to stay soild. I've tried to see if the program is running in the background. But it is not. What do I do. Why is this happening -THANK YOU
    -SHMEVA1 :cool:

2. slipe

slipe

Hi – welcome to TSG.

Is there a CD in the drive?

3. shmeva1

shmeva1 Thread Starter

no there is no disk in the CD-writer drive. And the activity light keeps flashing like it's doing something but it not. I open the dialog box for running programs and the only ones are Exploer>system tray>poproxy>anti virus nothing new. My computer activity light is steady red. Help??????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice