cd-rw disappeared from mycomputer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aladdinx

I just installed Nero burning rom 5.5.5.1(the newest version) andafter I installed it both my CDRW and DVD drive disappeared from the "my computer" I went to the device manager and they were there but they had ! on them so I troubleshooted and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and still the drives didn't return I uninstalled Nero and still the drives are gone then I did system restore and the drives returned Can anyone tell me what happened?? BTW I have a compaq Presario 5716 PC 450MHZ 20GB with WinXP OS(nero is compatible), can anyone tell me how to install nero without this happening?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
And just to elaborate....when the computer is restarting.....when you see the little line in the right hand corner....hit the F 10 key.....enter the setup information, look around for hard drive information?

And what is the error message that is being displayed in device manager?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online