1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW discs show blank but show full in properties

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chalky, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

I mistakenly tried M/S Backup to back up My Documents so I can reformat...

Should have known better as I know it is not good...

Anyway I used CD-RW discs all new... and as the backups didn't record I erased the discs. Although they open up and show completely blank, they show as full in properties...trying to use CD Creator as I normally do tells me that the discs are 10 MB when I know they are 650 MB....

Does anyone know why this is...I'm not bothered about the discs they are cheap enough to throw away and replace, I'll carry on copying and pasting or using CD Creator in the future it's just bugging me as to why this happens...:confused:

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

don't know why it's doing it, but have you tried to reformat to reclaim the space?

3. mobo

mobo

And do not choose the quick erase as well as this only erases the table of contents.

4. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

If I try to use the discs after just erasing , they show as 650 MB, but tells me the disc is write protected when I try to use them, so I reformat to use as Data discs and that's when they show as 10MB...:confused:

I have at least 50 other discs that I have used - erased - and reused again without any problems...maybe it has something to do with M/S Backup...I'll not be using it again...I've tossed the discs, they are just useless now.. It's just bugging me as to why this happened and I was wondering if anyone had come across this before...

Cheers anyway guys...:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/180305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice