CD-RW drive HeLPppppp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

18chelitos

Well i have a dell latitude cpx pentium 3 well the problem is i had a burner before the new one i have.
the computer reads the cd-rw drive but doesnt read a cd or play anything doesnt show theres anything loaded in the drive it says please insert cd and it has one already what can i do? thanks

18chelitos

am not good with computers so i need i lil more help what is that sorry explain like u explainin it to a baby lol. thanks

Couriant

James
I got your PM, I was away for a while.

Jumpers are little pieces of plastic that are on the back of the drive. If you have put the drive on the same cable as the other drive, then one of them needs to be a Master and the other a Slave. Who put your drive into the machine?

18chelitos

where are the those piceses of plastic located where is that part .yeah i have 2 cdrom a regular and a burner and the both go into the drive. am sorry for the bother.

Couriant

James
They are on the back of the CD drives. You will need to see where the long cable is connected to, like the other CD drive or the hard drive or nothing at all.

1.Either Your IDE cables are both "Slaving" one has got to be a master drive. Take the front off your tower and check that the IDE leads are installed correcly I.E. slave and master drive. 2. Or your driver has dropped out. Reboot your disc that came with the cd-rewrite and re-install the cd-rewrite driver. Bejay.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts