CD-RW drive problem with winxp native burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ukdel

Using Sony crx230E, I get a message when using Native burner that the drive has read only files. Drive properties does not show a recordable tab. My Pinnacle Instant write has the same problem, but my normal Pinnacle burning program works fine.

Files on a CD-R or CD-RW are by definition "read only"

The normal use of a CD-RW disk is that it is recorded as read only, but the entire disk can be erased and ReWritten.

"Packet Writing" software can modify the behaviour and allow read-write, but that software must be installed, (InCD, DirectCD) as it is not the native method.

Packet writing is convenient but should not be relied on for critical backups, it is inherently weak in regards corruption.

ukdel

Thanks Kiwiguy but I'm not explaining clearly what the problem is! I'm not trying to write to a RW disc. I'm trying to use windows Cdburner or InstantWrite (PInnacle) for convenience but they won't let me. The drive properties does not show a record tab although the appropriate registry value is set to 2. My main Pinnacle program works fine.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online