1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW/DVD drive does not eject

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jmarowitz, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmarowitz

jmarowitz Thread Starter

My Delll Inspiron Laptop w/WinXP Pro will not eject the CD tray.
    I can read the CD and use a pin to eject. In that case explorer doesn't recognize a new CD if I insert one.
    I uninstalled the CD and reinstalled it and it worked for a short period. It then behaved as described. I had this problem and got a new CD-RW/DVD and the problem persists. :confused:

Do I have to reinstall WinXP??

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Have you recently install a cd burning application? . . Nero ? .. Roxio? . .

wrs

3. dai

dai

if you go into my computer and right click on the drive and choose eject,does it

4. jmarowitz

jmarowitz Thread Starter

just by chance, i checked the roxio web site and found a new update to the basic version that came with my dell.

It clear up the problem.

thanks anyway.. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/337080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice