1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW not responding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gucci_boy, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gucci_boy

gucci_boy Thread Starter

Hi everyone, im having a little problem with my cd-burner. For some reason it doesn't wanna burn any of my blank cd's. I have a Yamaha 2200E 20X 40X 10X cd burner and whenever i enter a cd into the drive and try to burn something i get an error that i must enter a blank cd. The drive, however does read cd's just fine, just doesn't recognize any blank cd's. I have windows XP, which provides its own burning process, which doesn't work for me, as well as Nero and Roxio Easy Cd Creator. I get the same error just worded differently. ... has anyone else had this problem or know of any way i can fix this..... it would be greatly appreciated cause im about to rip the drive out and throw it into the wall!!!....thanks

2. brianF

brianF

Have you tried different brand of blank disc's. Sometimes they will be picky about the media

3. gucci_boy

gucci_boy Thread Starter

ya i tried Sony, Verbatim, Maxel, TDK, Kodak, FugiFilm, and a couple others.... but nothing... the cd-burner just doesn't recognize theres a blank cd in there!!! :(

4. normac

normac

i am having same problem with cd-rw and cont to have prob with printer. i received answer from tech at lexmark which told me to unplug printer, delete all lexmark files, download new driver and install. downloading took me hours, so i tried to save file on cd-r but it keeps telling me to insert blank disc. i don't even know which side is up or what brand cd-rw is or the burning program. where can i find this info. i have a e-machine t1100 and windows xp.:confused:

5. Codemaster

Codemaster

I am having a similar if not the smae problem. It recognizes the cd, but it doesn't burn. And if it is it's incredibly slow. I can't gte the blank cd out! It won't let me open the cd rw drive after I try to burn something! So now my cdrw drive has a blank cd in it and I can't open it! I am in desperate help because If my mom finds out I'm toast!

6. wizard1a

wizard1a

Check the firmware
    Yamaha is running 1.0d
    Remove All burning software
    go to www.nero.com/en/download.htm
    Get nero demo
    If still no action.
    Contact Yamaha ( the manufacture)

7. Norwalker

Norwalker

Codemaster:

Your CD might have gotten out of align, causing the open button not to be able to work correctly.

Usually on CD hardware, there is a tiny hole . This is used to manually open the drive. Get a straightened paperclip, or a long pin..and carefully insert and push..this should release the drive and allow it to open.

Good luck

8. nathanco

nathanco

From my experience using Yamaha, it seems that you have installed too many different kinds of burning software in WinXP that the conflicts are causing too many errors.

I also had some problems before (I am using Yamaha 2100E with windows XP). This is what I did.

1. Uninstall all cd burning software (Nero and EasyCD).

2. Uninstall the UDF reader (if you have one).

3. Went to Windows services and disabled the IMAPI Burning COM service.

4. Reboot.

5. Choose which you want to install..... Nero OR EasyCD 5, but not both. (I decided on Nero as I was not able to resolve the EasyCD problems with XP even with all the update drivers from Roxio).

Remember to test using new CDRs. The old ones you used to test may have already been corrupted.

Good luck.

9. glakes

glakes

I'm having a similar problem. :confused: An E-machine T2245 is operating pretty normally, but will not copy pictures to a CD. Is there a way to correct that without reloading windows and/or the drivers? If there isn't, do I need to reload both? Thanks!

10. nathanco

nathanco

Well, my last post to this issue was almost 4 years ago.... when drivers for XP were not that readily available and kinks have yet to be ironed out. Now actually WinXP is a lot more stable. What software are you using to burn CDs anyway? You may want to download the latest drivers, patch, and firmware from the respective vendors.

As for my Yamaha cd-writer.... it died years ago. I have since changed it to something more stable.

Good luck.

11. glakes

glakes

The e-machine belongs to a friend. I just did drag and drop so I suppose it was whatever is part of Windows. Thanks again.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!