CD-RW not responding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Janaid

Ok this is a harsh one!!!

I bought a CD-RW drive which is a Ricoh MP7083ADP... I have had it for a year now and all of a sudden after making one burn it doesnt repsond, the burn was a success and it worked a bit after the burn, but then i restarted and the drive LCD goes on and of three times and then starts flickering quckly on and off. It does this even when there is no CD in the drive, it is recognised by the BIOS and windows 98. Plaese help as soon as possible

thanks

Janaid

Maybe a background task is tying it up. I recommend you run MSCONFIG, click the Startup tab and uncheck any suspicious items. You can experiment safely because you can recheck any of them if you find you needed it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts