1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vicious, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

My CD burner has a small problem with data discs, every time i burn one every file that gets burned to it ends up corrupted. I have been trying to burn a stockpile of movies i have on my computer to disc but im getting tired of making coasters trying different things, ive tried this with multiple programs and the result is always the same.

Im using a Sony Crx140E/CH2 drive and ive tried Nero and Sony CD extreme software, ive tried the sony tech support and nothing they have suggested works..

Anyone got a fix??

[edit] oh ya, i also tried burning them as a Global and ISO image, neither worked

2. $teve

$teve

just a thought vicious.....do you have dma enabled on your burner?
    if yes,disable it..........that could be your problem.
    good luck;)

3. yomaddog

yomaddog

Just have to say this,...'cause it happened to me....................

DON'T WRITE ON THEM WITH A BALL-POINT PEN LIKE MY WIFE DID TO [ALL] OF MINE, BECAUSE YOU'LL SCRIBE THROUGH THE DATA LAYER AND GET THE SAME EXACT MESSEGE (on every stinkin' one,too,... she didn't miss a-one)............

4. slipe

slipe

Are the discs burning OK and the resulting disc is not playing right?

Make sure you update the CD Extreme as it includes some drivers to allow you to overburn and use 80 min CDs.

You can’t write movies as data. Look in the Sony manual for video CDs. http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/downloads/cdx_manual102500.pdf It explains what format the movie has to be in and how to record it. Pages 32 & 33.

Are you having problems with recording data other than movies?

5. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

dont know about dma.. ill check though

i have updated the program and that didnt help

ive seen movies burned onto CD before, all mine are in div3/4 encoding so converting them to MPEG format will take a VERY long time, plus i keep getting a 'floating decimal point' error in TMPengc with a few of my movies [just happens to be the critical ones =( ]

6. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

hmm lol how do i see if i have dma enabled and how do i disable it if i do?? =P

7. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

to the top

8. slipe

slipe

Since you won’t answer questions I haven’t the slightest idea whether you have a burning problem or a movie burning problem. I’ll just drop out of this one.

Right click MY Computer>Properties>Device manager. Double left click on the CDROM heading and double left click on your burner. The settings tab should allow you to check or uncheck DMA.

9. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

yes i am having problems recording other data
    and the discs burn fine, but when i play them the files end up corrupt. heres what they do..

in the area on media player where it mentions the length of the video, the actual length is cut down to about 1/4th the running time of the movie

5-15 seconds into the movie it will freeze, and crash my player

all other data just doesnt work properly (IE: a corrupt install when i burned the Day of Defeat half-life mod (90 meg download) for a friend)

it wasnt always like this because i burned a 600 mb demo game (downloadable from games site, not from another disc) as a data disc and it worked fine

[edit] it wasnt DMA =/

10. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

sigh.. bump

11. motocross95

motocross95

try turning down the burning speed.

12. Vicious

Vicious Thread Starter

ive tried recording slower, same results :mad:

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice