1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW probs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RickyCobra, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickyCobra

RickyCobra Thread Starter

I originally posted in the hardware forum last week when my CD-RW wouldn't autorun and we went through everything. Well I decided to upgrade to windows xp which now that I got all the xp drivers it's running great except for the CD-RW problem which when I put in a game in it comes up and says to put the disk in the drive but the disk is already in the CD-RW. I think I know whats causing the problem but I don't know how to fix it. The game causing the problem is SIMCopter. I tried to uninstall the game but it gives me this error message: The Log File 'C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCopter\DeIsL1.isu' is not valid or the data has been corupted. Uninstall will not continue. .....If I try to reload the game it gives me this error: ERROR SIGNITURE APP NAME: Autorun.exe APP ver:1.0.0.1 Mod Name: autorun.exe Mod Ver: 1.0.0.1 offset: 00008a10. How can I get rid of this game without taking out some shared files.

2. deuce

deuce

To get rid of the game you can uninstall from the cd... because that uninstall file won't be corrupted. Also, you can use add/remove prgrams from your control panel, which should work but might not if the Maxis one is corrupted.

As for the cdrw, could you post more info about the problem. Sorry I am on my way to sleep so I am tired and can't think straight anymore...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice