1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-RW vidoe record?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jdemnyan1116, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

My CD-RW is an HP CD-writer. I know it copies music and regular programs, if I buy a video recorder, I know windows XP comes with one for digital, I need analog. Can a CD-RW record a video such as a home movie or do you need a DVD-CD-RW? I even brought DVD RW disks and nothing works. I was using Dazzle 80 for the program. It takes and accepts Analog. Not recording on the disk as far as I can tell.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can record VCD or SVCD on a standard CD-RW drive. You can never record on any type of DVD media with a standard CD-RW drive. For recording video from a camera or other source, you'll need a video capture card, then you can convert it to VCD and record it onto a VCD format CD.

Many new DVD players will also play VCD and SVCD format, I recently picked up an Apex AD-1110W from Walmart on-line that plays DVD, VCD, SVCD, MP3, and displays JPG's, all for $68 shipping included.

3. n2gun

n2gun

4. jdemnyan1116

Thanks for the replys. I guess I would have to get a DVD CD-RW or DVD CD-R for me to copy tapes of home movies on my computer.

5. n2gun

n2gun

I burn movies on a cd-rw. The programs on the first link in my other answer tells you how.

I use a dazzle video adapter to record them to my hard drive from a cam corder then put them on cd-r disks.

6. jdemnyan1116

Haven't had much time lately to check it out but will go to the website. When I install, will let you know the outcome.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!