1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD RW wont read

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by myk, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myk

myk Thread Starter

Hi,

I am running window XP on my system and I have a cd-rom and a cd rw on my system. The cd-rom works perfectly. The cd rw is not able to ready any cds that I put in there. I did take it out and put it in another computer and then I put it back. Since then it hasnt been working. I went to the website and I already have the latest drivers for it. I also uninstalled it and installed it again but it still does not read. When I put in a cd blank or burned it tries to read it but then the light just flashes yellow on it. My cd rw is a Mitsumi CR-4802TE. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks.

2. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

First big question, I am assuming that the drives worked fine before you took out the CDRW drive and put it in another computer and back again? Or is it a new drive and this is the first time your computer has had a CDRW drive in it?

3. n2gun

n2gun

Is it possible that a pin got bent when installing it?

Also make sure the cable is all the way on at both ends. If you have another cable it wouldn't hurtt to try it also.

4. myk

myk Thread Starter

It worked perfectly fine before I took it out.

I checked the cables and the pins, everything looks fine. I bought a new cable but the same thing happens.

Thanks for all your help. Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice