Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cd/rw

709 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JewisHeritage 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a small problem. I had a new CD Rom install in my computer, and it had a CD/RW. The CD/RW and the CD Rom are all in one. I did a system recovery and started as if I just got the computer. Now I can not use the CD/RW. It is in my computer system, but the computer cannot find it. How do I get the computer to find the Easy CD creator and the adaptic CD. I also tried to install it form the recovery CD 2. HELP

Ken1

#2 ·
go into device manager and check to see if a cdrom is listed. If so, remove the device. Then restart in safe mode and check the device manager again for cd-rom drives. If any, remove and restart.

If windows still doesn't detect it, you can start>control panel>add hardware and search for the device or manually add it.

But definitley check out device manager to see if anything is messed up.

As for the direct CD and EAsy CD creator stuff, the quick resort CDs should have installed it or gave you an option to. If not, you may have to manualy search through the CD to find it. Of course you have to get the drive to work first.

#3 ·
Ken1: The only thing I question that Shadow2531 didn't....is...did the computer come with the Adaptec CD Software originally installed...or was this just installed with the new drive?
I ask this because if it was NOT part of the original pc, the recovery CD will NOT have the Adaptec CD Software on it....the vendor who installed the new CD drive should have supplied you with the software CD(s) just for an instance like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.