1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD shows data, but not individual picture files

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hes811, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hes811

hes811 Thread Starter

My wedding photographer put all of the pictures she took on four disks, two of them are importing correctly, but two of them show data on the disks, but no individual JPG files. I tried importing through windows live photo gallery and finding through my computer, I also tried the open folder to view files, everything says there are no picture files on this disk, even though we have viewed them using another computer.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Welcome to the TSG forum.

Photographers own the rights to print the pictures .. And usually don't give you the readable Images that the camera took.
    They probably have proprietary software to read the pictures ..
    The discs you can't read are probably what you'd take to get them printed.
    The images you can see .. Are low resolution copies that probably won't make good prints ..For previews only.

They don't want you to print them yourself or have anyone else do it ..They want to charge you.
    What's the extension (file type) of the data files in the Disc that you can't view ???

3. hes811

hes811 Thread Starter

I had an arrangement to have the photos released to me, so that wasn't the problem. I think maybe the disks weren't finished? I used an external drive instead of my laptop's disk drive and it worked. strange.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Did you get it in Writing ???
    If you try to have someone else print the photos ..
    They will probably spot that they were professional .. And refuse to print them.
    I've run into this problem several times when I restore old photos and take them to someone to laser print them.

Not sure why externally would work and internally wouldn't ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice