1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD to Floppy Copy

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cyber19582, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyber19582

cyber19582 Thread Starter

i have a three-set copy of the NT set-up disk, it allows me to install Windows NT on an appropriate system. my query is, is it possible (thru a program somewhere ) to copy a Windows 95 CD to floppies, that would in turn allow me to install Windows 95 from the floppies....i do know that there is a 23 floppy set that is available in various places..........what i would like to do is understand the logic behind the difference between the NT(3 floppy) and the Win95(23 floppy)..........i get the impression that the answer has to do with Windows cab files and so on...........if there is a way to accomplish the above, please advise.........Thank You!!!

2. slipe

slipe

You can put the CD on floppies by copying the CD to the hard drive and using a file splitter to split it into 1.44 Mb sections. Most file splitters have an option for splitting a file so it can be put on floppies.

Whether you can install from those floppies is something beyond my knowledge though.

Free file splitter (one of dozens available): http://www.dekabyte.com/filesplitter/index.html
    It will put a small file about 3k on the first floppy to reconstruct the file. If it doesn’t let you do without the little file you might do a search for one that does – I don’t think you want the reconstruction applet on the floppy for what you are doing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice