CD use locks down PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bvinson

I'm using Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Anytime I load a CD or even try to burn one (through a peripheral device) my entire system locks up and I have to reboot at least once and usually twice to get it going again. After that there's no problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve this frustrating problem?

It sounds to me like you have a faulty CD-ROM drive. Beyond that, you could try reinstalling the IDE chipset drivers for your motherboard if its applicable.

Of course you have checked the machine with Spybot, Ad-aware and a AV prog.
Then in Device Mangler delete the device, re-boot and let Windows reinstall the device.
Otherwise you gota bad unit.

bvinson

Thanks guys!! I deleted the device, rebooted, and now it seems to work. Duh! Can't thank you enough!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online