CD Viruses.

Blink182

Banned
Anyone thought if they infected a music file with a virus, burnt it to CD, wacked it into a CD Player (one other than a computer) that the music would br all funny and it would stuff the cd player?:rolleyes: :confused:

The virus would get so dizzy it wouldn't know what to do. ;)

In reality the cd player wouldn't recognize the file type so would do nothing.

Blink182

Banned
true. But yes the CD Player will because you have burnt the disc with a cd burning program. It would be funny if the cd player blew up!!!!

A CD player could not process a computer virus. A player is a player. No OS to infect at all.

Skivvywaver said:
A CD player could not process a computer virus. A player is a player. No OS to infect at all.
Exactly, the very, very worst you could do would be to make a CD that no CD player could read. There is nothing to infect in a CD player.

Obviously you two never had a mother who had both Barry Manilow's and Johnny Mathis's Box Sets.

:eek:

'Her name was Lola ..... aaaaarrrggghhh ...'

:D

loserOlimbs said:
Looooolaaaa,, l-like Cherry Coooolaaa.

Great song ;)
Speaking of viruses ... I hope you get one that affects your ability to type.

SOON.

A true Audio CD can't really contain a virus AFAIK. If its an MP3 CD, it could have files that exploit vulnerabilities in Windows Media Player, etc., but it couldn't actually contain an executable file with a virus.

saltydawgs

Account Closed
actually, i did that once

my cd imploded then exploded

the fbi reported to my house

and microsoft hired me

saltydawgs said:
actually, i did that once

my cd imploded then exploded

the fbi reported to my house

and microsoft hired me

And if you buy that I got some ocean front property in arizona that has got to sell :rolleyes: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online