1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd won't show

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wdfndn, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wdfndn

wdfndn Thread Starter

Hi, I have bought 2 new cd roms....HL2 and the latest thief game.

When I try to load them they don't show anything on my computer hence I can't load them. I have tried them on my sisters PC and they are fine.

Is there a setting that is set wrong or something?

Thanks for any help

Woody

2. norton850

norton850

Good morning

Your CDROM drive is working right? Is it perhaps that the auto play feature is not enabled on your system? What happens when you put the game CDs into your drive?

3. wdfndn

wdfndn Thread Starter

The auto play must be disabled, it always has been since I got these two new drives....The way I look at cd roms is through my computer (by clicking the appropriate drive) but like I said nothing shows.

4. Tenchi19

Tenchi19

I talked with a PC repair company here, and since im having the same problem you are it might be of some help. One of the main things they told me, is that perhaps the CD-Rom is going bad. Aside from that, they gave me one last option of going to the local store and buying a can of that dust blower stuff. You might just need to clean the lens or something. One question can your CD-Rom read anything else besides those two games?

5. norton850

norton850

Will your drive play other CDs? If you go into My Computer and right click on your CD drive icon, and choose open can you open the install program?

6. wdfndn

wdfndn Thread Starter

yes, the drive will play other cd's and when I right click the drive with other cd's I can open and see what's on there but when I do it with these two they show nothing at all.

7. norton850

norton850

IF you put one of the CDs (which I assume are retail CDs and not copies) in the drive and click on the CD icon in my computer what happens?

8. wdfndn

wdfndn Thread Starter

it either gives a please insert disc into drive or gives a blank explorer page...either way both drives aren't reading these two discs but read others perfectly well?
    ie. if I click the drive I get an explorer page with all the files that are on the disc

p.s. The discs are 100% and not recorded
    Thx
    Woody

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/306552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice