1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd writer/burner not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coker-cola, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coker-cola

coker-cola Thread Starter

novice computer operator here needs help with cd burner/writter.. bought computer used and was working when I bought but when set up at home cd burner didn't work. I removed housing to make sure it was still plugged in ...then did a device manager check and it is "working properly". When a cd is inserted green light blinks then is steady (for on/disc) but the ready to write lite never lights. I have tried to write numerous cds but nothing happens....dics doesn't even spin.. Don't know what to do next....please help
    Thank you

2. gethedge

gethedge

It sounds like a hardware problem, it should spin automatically, internal ones at least, as soon as a cd is put in, even if all that is connected is the power cord. If it is external, you might try reassigning what COM port it is on.

3. coker-cola

yes it is an internal cd burner/writer.....I placed a different cd in and it sounded like it spun a bit..... upon removing the cd, the marks on the cd where in different places. But ready light still not on
    thank you for the quick reply

4. slipe

slipe

If you put a normal factory pressed program CD in the burner, can you read it? It should work just like a CD-ROM drive for normal (not CDR or RW) CDs.

5. coker-cola

Followed your
    nothing...can't read contents ANY ideas???
    thank you

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice