1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Writer Software probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by teresa_banksuk, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teresa_banksuk

teresa_banksuk Thread Starter

I recently bought a CD writer online, not realising that it came without any software or instructions,etc. I got it into my pc and it's recognised it and everything, but I am unsure what to do about software. Can I use any CD writing software with it (ie, Nero) , or must it be a Phillips product? I assume that drivers were inbuilt because it works as a cd drive, and the PC recognises it.

2. brianF

brianF

Any burning software should work with it.

Try and download the demo for nero

3. teresa_banksuk

Thanks a lot, Brian, i'll try that!

4. slipe

slipe

If your Phillips is not faster than 12X, you can probably use the version of Sony CD Extreme software that Sony gave away on their site for a few months. The free version works on almost any burner that was not released in the past year. You can update it for newer burners on the Sony site but it comes with some specific Sony drivers that increase the CPU overhead. Still works, but I wouldn’t update if the download works with your Phillips.

The free Sony version is still available at: http://151.199.157.238:8080/extreme.html It is good software. I use it as my primary mastering software (In Prassi form – same program). I have specialized software for special tasks, but the Sony is good basic software.

For music use Feurio: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml The demo is full featured and you can use it as long as you like without registering it. If you record MP3 files you downloaded off the internet you need to equalize (normalize) the volumes or the recording will sound crappy. Feurio does this very well.

You are correct in assuming you don’t need drivers. Windows loads everything it needs except the recording software.

Nero is great recording software but the demo expires after 30 days, and you can record only 30 MP3 tracks with the demo or about 3 CDs. Don’t bother to learn to use it unless you are willing to pay for it after 30 days.

5. teresa_banksuk

The sony link doesn't work, do you know anywhere else I can get the software from (ie another link)?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice