CD Writing Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

viciousvix7

Hey techguys,

I'm trying to help my sister with a problem she's having with writing CDs. I drag the files to the CD drive and they appear in that drive's folder fine, but when I try to press the 'Write these files to CD' button I just get a bleeping sound.

I've used this process on my laptop multiple times and have had no problems with it.

Her laptop is an HP Pavillion dv8372ea

Cheers

viciousvix7

DeepBurner works fine and can burn the disks, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the drive, she could just use that program but we'd really like to get the problem sorted in XP

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you uninstall the CD drive in Device Manager and reboot to let Windows find it again?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager. Click on the + next to DVD/CD-ROM drives, then right click and select uninstall for each drive. Reboot and Windows will re-discover them.

viciousvix7

JohnWill said:
Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager. Click on the + next to DVD/CD-ROM drives, then right click and select uninstall for each drive. Reboot and Windows will re-discover them.
This didn't work either, still having the same problem

forget the xp utility, it really sucks, you will have better success with freeware burnign software.

viciousvix7

lepbanana said:
forget the xp utility, it really sucks, you will have better success with freeware burnign software.
This may be true, but as this laptop is only a few months old, I'd really like to sort it out.

MysticEyes

Banned
viciousvix7 said:
This may be true, but as this laptop is only a few months old, I'd really like to sort it out.
Call the maker it should be under warranty

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online