1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD -writing problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by naastik, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naastik

naastik Thread Starter

I have a samsung tsst h-492a combo drive drive which was working perfectly till i installed a firmware upgrade from the manufacturer's update site. Now I have major problems with it.
    the drive does not read cd-r's written in track at once mode. The writing process fails 90% of the time and seems to work only in the disk at once mode.Though dvd-rom's and cd-roms are read perfectly well. Kindly someone tell me what could be the problem. is there a way to down grade firmware. my system specs are

Pentium 4 1.7 ghz (wilammete)
    632 mb ddr(pc 2100) ram
    seagate st3160021a 160 gb 7200 rpm pata hard drive
    intel 845 chipset (with intel application accelerator installed).
    samsung tsst cd/dvd h492a combo drive( intial firm ware tb02, now tb08)

i use nero ultra edition( ver 6.6) for burning. it sometimes shows power calibration error. has this got something to do with the SMPS. plz advice

2. onsite

onsite

Most firmware upgrades for cd drives are not reversible. Off the top of my head I would say your drive is probably toast. Some dvd and maybe cd drives you can change some settings internally. Anyway I am going to give you a link of ppl more quallified to diagnose your cd burner
    anyway cd / dvd burners are cheap now , so may be a good time to upgrade
    if you do decide to get a new cd / dvd burner, ask them what is good there is A LOT OF JUNK Double Layer DVD burners out there that do not use the Pioneer chip set
    here you go
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice