cd writing wizard problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oops!

XP CD writing wizard writes files to CD. I get the message 'Your files have been successfully written to the CD'. The tray opens upon completion. When I close everything out an try to read CD contents from Windows Explorer it shows empty! I have tried the trouble shooter, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CD driver all to no avail. When I burn files to the CD from Nero Express everything works fine. After this burn I can read the file OK from Windows Explorer. What gives? Am at my wits end. Any help appreciated.

Jim

Then, why can't you use Nero Express? Sometimes. when more than one burning software is installed, their drivers conflict.

Have you installed any other CD or DVD software? Have you uninstalled any?

oops!

I can use Nero BUT............... Windows is supposed to work! The only thing I did was to uninstall the driver and reinstall it.

Check the services and make sure the IMAPI helper is running. If not, try to start it and see what messgae you get.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online