1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.cda extension

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Ipsens, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ipsens

Ipsens Thread Starter

This is very iritating, but now, when I put AudioCD in drive it shows me .cda extensions each 1Kb in size. This makes me unable to convert it to mp3 and other because they don,t recognize audio tracks.How to solve this problem

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

You need to use a program to rip the CD's to digital format. Here is a link to several free prgrams to try. Just remember that some newer CD's have protection to keep them from being ripped.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdrip.html

Rollin

3. Ipsens

Ipsens Thread Starter

I already riped and converted them to MP3 10days ago.
    I whant to see normal .wav and theirs aproprieate size when I put AudioCD ;)

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Then convert them to WAV from MP3...

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Most burning programs convert to wav for you, and they show the size when you add them to the burn list.

At least Roxio does.

Unless your going for something different, then just ignore me..

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

If the files are showing as .CDA then they have not been ripped to digital format. CDA is not really a file, it is a reference to a CD audio track(much like a shortcut to the actual file itself.) The file still needs to be converted to either WAV or MP3 before you can do anything with it. How exactly are you ripping the CD?

Rollin

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Most CD ripping applications will rip to MP3 or WAV.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/379162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice