1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDirectory Change Watcher Helper

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sailormoon21, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sailormoon21

sailormoon21 Thread Starter

I have looked on the net for a solution to my problem but only managed to find a singular, remote and dispersed forum in which someone had solved a problem similar to mine.

So I am adding this post in the hope that the search will be facilitated for someone else in my shoes in the future, considering the absence of sufficiently numerous sources of information about going about this.

For those who have encountered a problem with the "CDirectory Change Watcher Helper" saying it cannot terminate when shutting down or logging off windows XP, all you need to do is disable the NMBgmonitor of NERO from the msconfig startup manager. Press START > Run > [type] "msconfig" and then select the startup tab and uncheck the NMBgmonitor. The problem should be solved.

Many thanks to ResistanceMP3s for his help; a link to his thread may be found below;
    URL: www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/printthread.php?t=112347

Search aids: CDirectoryChange ; CDirectoryChangeWatcher ; CDirectoryChangeWatcherHelper ; ChangeWatcherHelper ; WatcherHelper

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice