1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDr burner acting up...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bjortan, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjortan

bjortan Thread Starter

I've been burning audio CDs quite frequently over the last year, but in the last two weeks it's come up with a brand new problem which is a bit hard to explain: when burning a disc, it will occasionally copy the music to the disc in the wrong order - not the tracks themselves, but just half a second or something like that.

For instance, say I'm burning a CD containing Bob Dylan's "Blowing In The Wind". Then when I play the CD, I hear Bob singing something about "blowing the in wind".

Does that make any sense at all? Does anyone know what causes this, because I'm going insane... it doesn't happen every time, just now and then. I've tried different media - same problem. Different speeds - same problem. Different audio extraction programs - same problem.

Tech stuff: I'm using a Sony CRX100 on a Win95 machine, and I use Adapted Easy CD Creator 4.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. Rockn

Rockn

That's what's supposed to happen!! Are you just trying to copy MP3's to CD or burn a music CD you can play in a regular CD player?

3. bjortan

bjortan Thread Starter

Ordinary audio CDs, playable in ordinary audio CD players. And it's obviously not what's supposed to happen. I repeat that it burns the audio samples in the wrong order.

One more example: say I were to burn a CD of someone reading the alphabet out loud, what would come out might be "A B D C E..."

4. Rockn

Rockn

It only records a half second of the song first and then the entire song or just the half second and nothing else? Can you play the songs in their entirety from the hard drive with an MP3 player?

5. bjortan

bjortan Thread Starter

Thanks so much for trying to help me out...

It records the entire song, but with a half-second somewhere in the middle (or beginning, or end - it seems to be completely random) out of place. I can play the entire song from the hard drive with no problems (the WAV file, that is - no MP3s involved anywhere).

6. Rockn

Rockn

7. bjortan

bjortan Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not so sure that's the cause of my problem... I've never tinkered with any of those settings, and like I said, the problem only occurred 2 weeks ago. And as far as I can tell, the problems described in that article are not the same as the one I'm having.

Also, when they talk of limiting the vcache - real stupid question coming up - is the RAM size in bytes, KB or MB?

8. Rockn

Rockn

LOL....not stupid. If it were in KB windows wouldn't even run. KB=1000 bytes MB=1,000,000 bytes

Just try defragmenting and see how much space is actually available on your drive. Sounds like the caching is getting fouled up when it writes to the disk before it writes to the drive. Look up buffer underruns too.

9. bjortan

bjortan Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, I'll try it! If it doesn't help I'll be back... :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice