1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDR burner with a K7s5a

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ronnyd8719, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnyd8719

ronnyd8719 Thread Starter

I have a Elitegroup K7S5A, AMD 1.7 processor, 256 meg of ddr ram, 40 gig hhd, 400 watt power supply and a geforce 4 video card. The computer has ran well. I bought a cd burner. It is a sony crx 140e. I have not been able to burn but one cd. I did this by changing the setting from dma to pio. It worked one time and now it will not work again. I thought it may be the cd burner, so I took a burner out of my other computer that I know works very well and put it in the computer with the K7s5a. This burner is a Yamaha 8224e. Well the same thing happens. It will act like it is going to burn and then it will lock up are I will get a error message. The error message is error 10 most of the time. I have searched the web and I have had no luck finding anyone else with the problem. The motherboard is very popular and I know other people have burners on them. If anyone knows of a fix please let me know.
    Thanks Ron

2. putasolution

putasolution

Welcome to TSG, ronnyd8719

Error code 10 in device manager usually means a faulty driver. I suggest that you get yourself down to the Yamaha site and download the latest firmware for the burner

You don't mention which burning software you are using, or which version of Windows. Roxio and Nero both need substantial updating to be used in XP successfully and if you are using XP, Native cd burning can also create problems. Obviously the media you are using can cause some problems

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!