1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDR Drive Error - Doesn't regcognise CDR's

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sticker, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sticker

sticker Thread Starter

Hey,

I'm having a problem with XP - Or posibly not! I've a liteon LTR 1210 - 1B CDR Drive, using Nero 5.5.9.0, and whereas it recongnises some CDR media, it prompts me 'please enter blank medium' when I use some other perfectly good CDRs - It's not recognising 3 or 4 different types of CDR...?

I've unistalled Nero, and reinstalled - Told to do so by a techy mate, - no joy...

The WinXP inbuilt software doesn't seem to recognise them either, but I've been told that Nero - even uninstalled, overwrites the XP burner...?

Liteon doesn't seem to have any XP drivers available - & I think that could be the problem...

I'm told that a relatively new CDR Drive should recognise ALL CDR Media, and that the problem is probably software related!

PLEASE HELP! I need to backup my system, and I've 100 platinum CDRs that are useless to me!

My Spec:
    liteon LTR 1210 - 1B CDR Drive
    AMD 1800 Athalon
    640 MB SDRAM
    Gainward GeForce 4 ti 4600
    80gig hard drive,

I'd appreciate any help!

Conor

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. sticker

sticker Thread Starter

Found relating to my drive:

here

Where do I find XP drivers for it - ?!

As i said before - i don't have the problem that ALL CDR's are incompatible - some work, some don't!!

Cheers

Conor.

4. Dan O

Dan O

Your link did not work for me. I had searched the Microsoft site but I found nothing on the LTR-1210. I have a LTR-12101B, which works great with XP.

Your LTR-1210 drive may not be compatible with XP.

I also found on the Nero's website that the your drive is not supported with the latest drivers, See: http://www.nero.com/en/content/c1004432146880.html#c1004432146880

It stated: Liteon LTR-1210 (without guarantee)

If you read the link I provided it had a link to Compact Disc Recorded in Windows XP Is Missing Files or Folders or Is Unreadable: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;320174

Which had a link for a Windows XP Patch: CD Burning Update
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=70446CF9-5B5A-4733-A9AF-E6AD6A2D96A1

I would download and install the patch and try using the XP CD burning software alone, not Nero. I wish I had better news.

5. sticker

sticker Thread Starter

Dan, mine IS a LTR-12101B, same as yours -

The wierd thing is I downloaded Nero 55107b last night - the latest version, And would you believe it ALLOWED me to burn an audio cd with the CDRs that were not recognised before!

Problem solved:? - No!!, It will now NOT recognise them again!!!

I downloaded the Windows patch like you said, but it won't let me activate it because I have the service pack 1 installed.... Bugger!

Since mine is the same as yours - Which software are you using Dan? Is there a XP driver for the 1B liteon?

Cheers again for all your help - I appreicate your time...

Conor.

6. Dan O

Dan O

I am using XP CD burning and EZ CD Creator. The drive has worked perfectly and I never created a bad CD. But I have not installed SP1 which may be your problem and I have not added any updates for the CD burner. EZ CD Creator did require a few updates that must be installed in proper sequence as the Readme states. I had an Acer in one of my PCs and it gave me hell. I worked with Acer's tech support for weeks and never got it to work reliably. I put it into one of my kids PCs and it works ok.

Your problem maybe like the Acer, some drives just work better with some hardware. It's strange but what can you do. I just purchased a new Liteon 52X for $60 and installed it into a Dell. It worked perfectly and came with Nero. I think the newer drives compatibility have improved greatly.

7. sticker

sticker Thread Starter

Cheers Dan - Once again - Appreciate your help!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice