cdr4_xp.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geoff27

Some weeks ago the following error message appeared when I switched on my computer: cdr4_xp.sys

I have since learnt that this was caused by cd burning software and the suggestions I have received so far have not cured the problem.

Because nothing that had been suggested by other tech sites seemed to cure the problem, I tried to do a repair install using my original xp disk. Unfortunately, this still takes me to a blue screen with the same error message as above. Now, when I try to go into safe mode it tells me that I cannot enter the safe mode in set up mode.

I have a dell dimension 2400 running xp sp2.

Can anyone help please. I am no techy so basic language would be much apprecialted.

My thanks

I suggest you boot from the XP CD and do a full re-install from scratch instead of trying to repair.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online