CdRom drive is Missing!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

farscapeuk

Hello All,
Can someone please help, I have winxp sp2 with 1 dvdrw drive and 1 dvdrom drive installed the latter is where my probs are. When i boot up i get the msg "pri slave drive - Atapi incompatible,
press F1 to resume.
I do and win starts, i looked in my computer cos dvdrom failed to work, and there is no icon for it either? I rebooted and each time and it is the same, can you help please i,m just lost
Thanks All :confused: :confused:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It sounds like you have a jumpering problem. Are you using an 80 conductor IDE cable? If so, both drives should be jumpered for Cable Select. If you're not using an 80 conductor IDE cable, you have to jumper one drive as Master, and the other as slave. I think this should resolve your issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online