Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDROM not reading disc

857 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Saga Lout 
#1 ·
:confused:

I am having trouble with my CD-ROM not reading any discs I put in. I had been cleaning out programs that I wasn't using. I deleted RealOne player and Quick Time. And after that tried playing an audio CD and it would not play. I made my default player MusicMatch and it still isn't playing any CD's.

It will not read any of my program disc either. I have a Sound Blaster sound card. Thought it might be a problem with that so put my program CD into the CD-ROM and it wouldn't read that.

HELP I am lost at this point.

Thanks Tx

#2 ·
the cd player may have died.

#5 ·
This could be related to all the changes you made last week Cowboy. First check in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager to see if the CD ROM has a question mark beside it in the list. If it does - or maybe in these circumstances even if it doesn't - uninstall the device, reboot and allow XP to redetect it. If that doesn't work, reboot again and tap Del to get to the BIOS and make sure it's recognised in there. Failing all the above, a Registry entry may have been altered with all those HJT fixes so post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.