cdrom not reading new game cd's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

8nout

Hello all, got a new video card and some game cd's came with it. I put the game cd in cdrom but it doesn't read the cd...no error messages, nothing, blank screen. I check the cd properties and it says it's a full cd. I played other cd's in the device, music, data, all play fine. Google search sent me to microsoft page (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q321640& ) saying something about XP not reading cd's made with UDF formats?...being computer impaired as I am it was greek to me. Why would a game outfit (Ubisoft in this case) send a cd that wouldn't play in XP? How can I check to see if this disk is UDF formatted? Now I'm afraid to buy any retail game cd as it may not play. Any information appreciated...

Thanks for reading my thread!
===============
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Sound Devices:TURTLE_BEACH\SANTA_CRUZ_WDM_INTERFACE
Video Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online