1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDROM on winnt 4.0

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by raji, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raji

raji Thread Starter

My WIN NT 4.0 can not read my cd.
    It does show a cd drive on my computer and right click on cd > properties> volume information does work, but I can not explore the CD , it says

"F:\ is inaccessible,
    The parameter is incorrect"

I tried putting LH c:\cdrom\MSCDEX.exe /D:Nec_ide.sys
    in autoexec.bat and
    (I have mscdex and nec_ide.sys in c:\cdrom)
    device=c:\cdrom\Nec_ide.sys in config sys and reboot the system.

But doesn't work. I guess autoexec and config sys are not case sensitive.

Please help.

raji

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

autoexec.bat and config.sys are not used by the NT OS, they are only used by the DOS VM for backward compatibility and I believe that the autoexec.nt and config.nt are the files used for that. If the OS recognizes the drive (it is shown in explorer), and cannot access it, it is probably bad. I would try the NEC site for new drivers first (if that is the manufacturer), but if that doesn't work, try another CD drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice