cdrom plays only seconds of songs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

debbie1968

i am hoping there is a very easy solution for my problem, i have been having alot of trouble getting my comp to reconize my cdrom and cd writer, but i finally got it to ( dont ask me how)well...now my cdrom is doing some whacked out things...playes about 3 seconds of the first song of a cd then goes to song 2 plays maybe 10 second goes to song 3 plays maybe 5 sec...etc etc etc...does this for a whole cd....any suggestions...thank Debbie

Hi Debbie

If you are using the Windows CD Player to play your audio CDs, click on the Options tab and make sure Intro Play is unchecked.

Otto

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Does this happen on all music cds?

Do you have another program like Real Jukebox you can try?

debbie1968

hi...yes i have musicmatch jukebox and it does the same thing and yes it is with all music cd's it does this

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The cds play fine in other players as well? Do they play correctly in the CDRW?

Do software cds work correctly?

If so, you might try going to the device manager, properties, and if DMA is checked, uncheck it, and if it's not checked, then check it....may or may not help.

debbie1968

the cd's play fine in the cdr , its only when i try to play them threw the cdrom and threw musicmatch, i tried what you suggested and still didnt work...what else do you have up your sleeve?? :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, I'm leaning towards thinking that there is a problem with the cdrom itself....what you might take a look at is how tightly you have tightened the screws mounting it to the drive bay. Also, you may try hooking it up on the outside of the computer.

You didn't respond as to whether software cds work.

If it works outside the bay, then you've attached it too tightly.

If it doesn't work outside the bay, the drive is more than likely defective and needs to be replaced.

I had a home unit do the same thing and it had something to do with the laser or other part inside.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online