1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cdrom problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roho, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roho

roho Thread Starter

The cdrom on my son's pc keeps opening and closing on its on. If you insert a cd and close it, the drawer pop's right out. They cannot use it at all. Any idea's. It is a Creative Lab 52X.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Hi roho...

the problem youre discribing may be coming from a conflict in your device manager. Have you went to start/settings/contol panel/Systems/device manager & looked to see if you have a conflict? (a yellow triangle or a "?" mark) If it appears ok....... try updating your drivers. Click the plus & then hilight the items listed & update the drivers.

Savvy :)

PS...also you might better go do this free scan ...for virus, worms & trojans

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

3. roho

roho Thread Starter

I did a REMOVE from the device mgr after seeing no conflict. Reinstalled and still no conflict. Problem still there. Will try replacing drivers tonite after work.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

yes update your drivers

Savvy :)

5. roho

roho Thread Starter

Well, today I was going to install the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard about 3 months ago. I'm sure they are still on there, but I was going to reinstall them. The system isn't but about 3 months old. Of course the CDROM wouldn't work and I couldn't. The door shuts, the LED on the HD lights and stays lite for about a minute or so, goes out and door opens. I haven't found drivers on the web to put on floppy. Guess I could put the drivers on a floppy from the CD. Tomorrow, I'm going to put the CDROM on a IDE cable and make it a "master". It is on the HD cable now as a "slave". I appreciate it and if you have any more idea's, I'm here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice