cdrom problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Darryl kaal

i have an atapi 52x cdrom, i can read what's on the disk, the light comes on when i press the eject button, and i even here it trying to eject, but the cdrom doesn't open. I can open it via pushing a pin in the emergency eject button. is it fixable? or should i toss it, cause i tried to install a new cdrom, but, my computer doesn't accept the new cdrom. maybe ide problems?:eek:

does it open when selecting "eject" when you right click on the drive icon?

Darryl kaal

cdrom won't eject when pushing the eject button on the cdrom, and if i put a new cdrom in, the motherboard doesn't see it

Darryl kaal

oh, ok, now i understand. no, i right click on the drive and same thing happens, light on cdrom flickers, sounds like the cdrom wants to open, but, nothing...

When you put the new CD Rom in, did you set the jumper on the back (Master/Slave/Cable Select) to match the setting on the old one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online