1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDRW doesn't burn

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buckethead, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buckethead

buckethead Thread Starter

When I try to burn CD's or make back up copies, my CDRW starts to brun them but ejects the CD half way through and says something like there was an error in the writting process. I've been having this problem since january and nobody seems to help! Could someone please help!

2. pinntech

pinntech

Sounds to me like a bad CDRW drive. Have you tried a different drive? There could be more behind it than the drive, but it would easiest to try a new drive.

Shane

3. buckethead

I have a Lite-on ltr 48246S...
    by the way how do I upgrade the firmware for it? Do you know where I can download it?

4. replay

replay

5. buckethead

I went to the site and downloaded the firmware with the same numbers as my drive (LTR 48246S) and ran it but an ERROR message pops up saying:
    "No match Drive detected! This utility is only for LITE-ON LTR-48246S drive.
    Dected Drives: 1-0: LITE-ON LTR 48246S"

I'm a little confused at what I got but maybe there's something else I don't know...

6. ranger007

ranger007

I was have a number of unrelated, random problems with my computer and my CDRW not completing a burn was one of them (only that one wasn't random). I was blaming everything from the burner to Nero to .......

Because of the number of problems I was experiencing (computer freezing randomly, etc.) I replaced the motherboard and power supply and also did a clean reinstall of XP (had to do that with the motherboard replacement). In hindsight, I think one of my big problems was that there were a number of corrupt files and I needed that clean re-install of XP.

Works fine now. This may not narrow it down for you, but my point is that I didn't have to change out the burner.

Good luck!

7. buckethead

I can't afford to do a reinstall cause my burner won't let me back up my files.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice