CDRW failure with 700mb TDK CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Milkchoc

I have a phillips CDRW800. Recently, I purchased some TDK cd's that hold 700mb/80 min. When I use them, my recording stops, and I get an error that halts the recording. I am using adaptec's cd software.

Does the drive work ok with other CDRs? Some drives (especially older ones) don't work correctly with the larger (80min) CDRs.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Milkchoc

Yes, it does work with the 650mb disks. the drive is a new drive. However, I finally got a response from Philips tech support, and they tell me that the drive does not support the 700mb disks. So now I have 20 coaster/frisbies....lol

20? You didn't waste that many, did you?

Oh - you mean you purchased 20? I'm sure you can find someone who will be happy to take them off your hands - don't just toss them out.

As for the drive, I have to admit I am surprised. I thought all the new ones supported the larger CDRs.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online