1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDRW Firmware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by azncompman, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azncompman

azncompman Thread Starter

ACK!!!!! I give up. Cendynes firmware download page is impossible to navigate. i have no clue which is the one i need. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE THEIR PAGE???????

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Cendyne relabels their drives so you have to take the model number of the drive and search for it on a search engine.. This should give you a idea of who makes the drive.. Then go to www.cdfreaks.com, click firmware, choose the manufactuer and click on the model number..

3. azncompman

By the model # do u mean P/N???. Because my model on the label just says 48x12x50 CD-RW

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm surprised Cendyne's page is still there, since they went out of business several months back. :)

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

http://www.cendyne.com/ :D

azman, ;) as I told you before in your other thread, you are going to have to pry the sides off your case and get some numbers ;)

6. ~Candy~

And I "THINK" it's 48x12x48, not 50 ;)

7. azncompman

Yah i pried of the case to get those numbers and i thought it was 48 also. but the label said 50.

8. ~Candy~

Then you have the serial numbers?????

9. azncompman

Ok way past that. Got the Firmware. Turns out this thing is an AOpen Drive. I got V 1.04. Ran the flash replacer program thing and restarted. Now When i start Nero it says another program is using the recording device(atapi). it doesn't detect discs anymore. i get the little reading sign on my mouse when i put one in so i know my burner is hooked up. ideas?

10. ~Candy~

Yep, I'm thinking the firmware upgrade was a bad idea............try reading a disc from a dos command....boot with a boot disk choose w/cdrom support.....if you can't read it there, you killed the drive with the update.

11. azncompman

PHEW!!!!!!! it's not completely dead. it reads my need for speed disc. So im guessing it's the burning part that has a prob.

12. ~Candy~

What do you have running at startup? You might shut down everything except the minimums. Will the drive read via my computer when you double click on it?

13. azncompman

dunno if this is the reason but it could be. the first time i put the new firmware in i just hit restart in the windows menu. I just restarted my comp again but this time i coupletely shut it down before turning it on again. So now nero works. It still burns slower but i guess that makes less errors and at least it is burning.

14. ~Candy~

Sometimes a cold restart with cdrom changes are better. For the price of the drive, not sure what you got yours for, but mine was free after rebates, so I guess sometimes you DO get what you pay for ;)

15. azncompman

Yah with the extremely cheap drive. Support was very hard to find. It took me a while just to figure out who made my drive.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice