1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDRW new install works fine, cannot delete and re-coupe memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomandleo, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomandleo

tomandleo Thread Starter

Help! I intalled a CDRW in my Compac PII to transfer my originol music from cassette to CD. Using Nero, great program, but I cannot find where the files were saved in order to delete and recover the memory it used (very large files, used up most of the memory). I saved them to My Documents, and deleted them from it, and checked in my hard drive, I can't find any trace of the files, yet my hard drive remains full. I emtied my temp files and defraged my hard drive, (after checking for errors) , still have a maxed out hard drive. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TC

2. slipe

slipe

Welcome to TSG

You emptied the recycle bin – right?

If you know the file extension Nero used for the image you can Start>Find>Files and Folders (C). Type *.xxx with xxx being the file extension in the find box.

If you don’t remember the extension you can use something like this that will give a graphic display of the sizes of folders and sub folders – it should stick out like a sore thumb. I presume it has a trial period which should be long enough to find where Nero is storing the file. http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?LinkId=20373

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice