CDRW new install works fine, cannot delete and re-coupe memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomandleo

Help! I intalled a CDRW in my Compac PII to transfer my originol music from cassette to CD. Using Nero, great program, but I cannot find where the files were saved in order to delete and recover the memory it used (very large files, used up most of the memory). I saved them to My Documents, and deleted them from it, and checked in my hard drive, I can't find any trace of the files, yet my hard drive remains full. I emtied my temp files and defraged my hard drive, (after checking for errors) , still have a maxed out hard drive. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TC

Welcome to TSG

You emptied the recycle bin – right?

If you know the file extension Nero used for the image you can Start>Find>Files and Folders (C). Type *.xxx with xxx being the file extension in the find box.

If you don’t remember the extension you can use something like this that will give a graphic display of the sizes of folders and sub folders – it should stick out like a sore thumb. I presume it has a trial period which should be long enough to find where Nero is storing the file. http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?LinkId=20373

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online