Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDRW Not Recognized

703 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ongjn 
#1 ·
My computer is not recognizing CDRW's. Everything I try just tells me that theres no disk in the D Drive. It recognizes CDR's just fine. What's wrong and what can I do?

#3 ·
What software are you using? (ie Nero) Your CD ROM sees CD-Rs but not the RWs? Does it see a data CD or Music CD? Did you load or un-install any software of late? Is this XP Home?

#4 ·
Emtronics said:
What software are you using? (ie Nero) Your CD ROM sees CD-Rs but not the RWs? Does it see a data CD or Music CD? Did you load or un-install any software of late? Is this XP Home?
I am using Nero and have tried WMP. Yes it sees CD-Rs but not RW's. It doesn't see either a data or music CD. I am going for a music CD. Nope, nothing lately. And yes, XP home.

#5 ·
When this kind of thing happens, I try a CD ROM cleaner on the drive and see if that improves its operation. If not, then I suspect the drive is failing.....Based on your answers, and if you have checked the Device Manager for errors and found none, that is the only conclusion. A virus/worm may cause weird things in drives but will also cause other problems in your system, so I doubt this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.