1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDRW problem...does not refresh content even after changing CDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buckethead, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buckethead

buckethead Thread Starter

I've been having some problems with my CDRW. ITs been almost half a year and this problem doesn't seem to be solved by me buying a new Drive. I have e-machines PC on win XP SP2 running fully updated. I had a liteon CDRW drive which failed to burn, would randomly shut down PC on reading disks sometimes and when it does read CDs, the content of the previous CD still shows up even though I popped in a new CD. This puzzles me cause I thought my first burner died on me as suggest my many of the people here when I post this problem before. Now I have a new Rosswill CDRW/DVD combo and it still fails to refresh the contents of the previous CD when I pop in a new CD. I think, the problem now is not on my Drive but somehwere else...someone please help me. This is very frustrating!

2. ChuckG

ChuckG

Pull your CDRW cable off and check to make sure that you don't have bent pins on the drive and the motherboard. If the pins look OK, I'd then change the cable with a new one. I'll assume that you don't have the cable on backwards.

It sounds to me like a bad cable or the cable is not connected properly.

3. Instantjunk

Instantjunk

I have the same problem, changed drives and cables. I have to sometimes eject and close drive two or three times to have it recognize new content.

I was thinking bios glitch with my asus board :rolleyes:

4. buckethead

buckethead Thread Starter

Did u disable your auto play function? When I disabled my auto play function, this problem occured. So I heard that it's a microsoft problem and I have something that might fix it. I still can't burn using MWP 10

5. Instantjunk

Instantjunk

No, autoplay has always been enabled. It acts as though the cache isn't being dumped. I have four computers and only one has this problem, that's why I suspected the bios.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice