cdrw working?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tiari_99

I hope someone can help me. I have been trying to use my burner, but I am not sure if it is working properly, or if it is even connected. I know my cdrom is working, but when I try to burn on my cdrw, it doesn't seem to be working properly. What can I do to check to see if it is connected or working??? I hope this is not a dumb question, but I really need some help... I have Windows XP.

<>it doesn't seem to be working properly<>

More info on why you say this - what software are you using.

what is burner product name--- what is happening/or not happening more specifically that its not workig// ie, cd ejected-//error messages// no program connection ---etc?

tiari_99

MFDnSC said:
<>it doesn't seem to be working properly<>

More info on why you say this - what software are you using.
Oh sorry for not giving more information.. My cdrom is lite-on. When I try to burn a cd it is not writing on the disk. My devices shows that my cdrom is working properly, but it is not showing cd-rw, if that is any help. I am using widows media, because nero won't show that I have a burner. It shows virtual device whatever that means. I hope this helps.

tiari_99

bobol said:
what is burner product name--- what is happening/or not happening more specifically that its not workig// ie, cd ejected-//error messages// no program connection ---etc?
It is not writing on the cd also that red light does not come on.my cdrom is called lite-0n. I tried downloading new drivers, but that did not work.

You say you're using Nero? In the current recorder box make sure you have your burner selected. Clicking the drop down box arrow will allow you to see other devices to choose from.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online