1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cdrw working?????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tiari_99, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tiari_99

tiari_99 Thread Starter

I hope someone can help me. I have been trying to use my burner, but I am not sure if it is working properly, or if it is even connected. I know my cdrom is working, but when I try to burn on my cdrw, it doesn't seem to be working properly. What can I do to check to see if it is connected or working??? I hope this is not a dumb question, but I really need some help... I have Windows XP.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

<>it doesn't seem to be working properly<>

More info on why you say this - what software are you using.

3. bobol

bobol

what is burner product name--- what is happening/or not happening more specifically that its not workig// ie, cd ejected-//error messages// no program connection ---etc?

4. tiari_99

tiari_99 Thread Starter

Oh sorry for not giving more information.. My cdrom is lite-on. When I try to burn a cd it is not writing on the disk. My devices shows that my cdrom is working properly, but it is not showing cd-rw, if that is any help. I am using widows media, because nero won't show that I have a burner. It shows virtual device whatever that means. I hope this helps.

5. tiari_99

tiari_99 Thread Starter

It is not writing on the cd also that red light does not come on.my cdrom is called lite-0n. I tried downloading new drivers, but that did not work.

6. mike5532g

mike5532g

You say you're using Nero? In the current recorder box make sure you have your burner selected. Clicking the drop down box arrow will allow you to see other devices to choose from.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice