1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDs On iPod not Hard Drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sideshow_Bob, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideshow_Bob

Sideshow_Bob Thread Starter

hey i just purchased an ipod and i am very pleased with it so far. i have not yet put any cds that i own onto it but i was reading about it in the manual. according to the manual, in order to put cds onto the ipod, itunes must first copy the cd to your hard drive. ok, sounds alright, but heres the part i dont like......any music you put on ur ipod must be in your library. so after i copy a cd to my ipod i have to keep all the songs on my computer also......i dont want to have a copy of all my cds on my computer.

is there a way to put cds (and even songs) on your ipod and then delete them from your computer/library without them being removed from your ipod the next time you connect it? any help appreciated

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You put the CD's on the IPOD in a compressed format, they won't take nearly as much space that way. Disks are cheap, just keep the disk copy. :)

3. lister

lister

The Winamp Ipod plugin allows you to copy tracks to and from your ipod.
    Of course, if anything goes wrong, and you lose all the MP3s on your ipod, it's good to have them all backed up on your HDD - or maybe burn them to a CD/DVD?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/392684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice