1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CDShare [CD won't boot from Cd-Rom]

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gajajakr, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gajajakr

gajajakr Thread Starter

I insert a game into the CD-Rom and it will only boot so far.
    I got the error messages when I did a step by step reboot:
    {the following file is missing or corrupt: C:\cdshare\cdshare.exe. Device = c:\cdshare\cdshare E/I:C:\cdshare\cdshare.ini}
    I am getting a message now that it can't find cdshare.ini in the root directory. I've done a search and can't find that file anywhere.
    Is this cdshare software affecting the cd loading? Where can I find this utility so that I can do an re-install to see if this will work or is there another ultility that will help me?
    Thanks
    Gary

2. Rockn

Rockn

What drive letter is your CD-ROM? Sounds like it thinks it is using I for a drive letter.

3. gajajakr

gajajakr Thread Starter

CD-Rom is H and the CD-RW is G.
    Support is telling me to used the 1st available, unused Drive letter which would be E. Doesn't make sense to me but that is what I did and ended up with the same results.
    I suppose I could try the H and see if that works.
    Where could I find this utility to download, I couldn't find it on the WWW.stac.com site.

4. Rockn

Rockn

What is the game and what does the CDshare program do? Does it allow you to have a CD in each drive instead of swapping them out?

5. gajajakr

gajajakr Thread Starter

I actually don't know what it does. I don't know where it came from. Maybe I should uninstall and see what that does as far as booting up my CD's. Games that I've tried that hang are EA's Ultimate Hunt Challenge and REd Barron II. Music CD's will play.
    Thanks
    Gary
    P.S. Rockn, I see your from MN. How about the weather we've had so far. I've missed half of winter this year as far as I'm concerned. I'm way in the SE Corner and we missed all the earlier snow!
    Just Found!
    [MA32K+ allows you to create images of CDROM titles and store them on a network server or any shared hard drive. Users can use these images as if they were local cdrom drives attached to their computer. CDROM applications run this way will behave normally as they believe that they are running from a local CDROM. The images on the server are multi-user and multi-tasking. Many users can attach to the same image and get amazing performance. often better than the fastest local cdrom can achieve.] This is an upgrade I found for CDQuickshare. I don't think it is anything that I need.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice