Celeron D 351 3.2Ghz or Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jwaldrop

I have a bad MOBO or CPU in an emachines T3256. It's a AMD ATX MOBO/CPU. Will an intel MicroATX work in that machine? Can I use my current memory (both are 184 pin DDR, PC2700). Also, should the HDD work with the intel board? If this will work, what CPU is best, intel Celeron D 351 3.2Ghz or Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz?

Triple6

Rob
What Intel motherboard?

The newest motherboards for Intel processors require different memory, they use DDR instead of DDR.

You're also not allowed to use the copy of Windows XP that came pre-installed on your eMachine with a non eMachine's motherboards. Its a voilation of the License. And you'd likely need to reisntall Windows to get it working on a new motherboard anyway.

Celeron's are budget processors. The Pentium D is by far the better processor.

Triple6

Rob
Since thats an older board it does support your DDR memory.

I'd be wary of using the stock eMachines power supply, they are pretty cheap units.

jwaldrop

I bought a new Fortron powersupply. I was hoping that that was it instead of my MOBO/CPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online